In this statement “we”, “us” and “our” refers to: QLD Trade Print ABN 45 123 405 881. “You” and “your” refers to the individual in respect of whom we hold personal information.
Your privacy is important to QLD Trade Print
Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines QLD TRADE PRINT’s policy on how we manage the personal information we hold about our customers and suppliers.
It is QLD TRADE PRINT’s policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. QLD TRADE PRINT is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
At all times the conduct under this policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All complaints will be treated seriously
- All complaints will be dealt with promptly
- All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- Any privacy complaint will not affect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between this organisation and you.
We collect personal information about creditors, customers and suppliers.
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the circumstances of the collection. The types and instances of collection may include:
- Information collected when you complete a Commercial Credit Application, which may include the names of Directors, Partners, and Proprietors of your business, names of witnesses, drivers licence details, date of birth and contact details;
- Information collected when you provide customer contact information to us, including business and after hours telephone numbers and business addresses; key business contact names (including key employees);
- Consumer data collected as part of a marketing project, such as consumer promotional data such as business address or contact telephone numbers;
- Names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of employment applicants/referees that may be contained within resumes, C.Vs and references etc
- Information collected when you use an on-line form such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, company name;
- Information collected when you email us.
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information in various ways, including:
- Credit application forms;
- Employment application forms;
- Consumer competitions/promotions;
- Product complaints/questions;
Where possible, we seek to collect information about you directly from you. However, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party.
- you may be listed as a proprietor, director, guarantor or referee on a credit application;
- employment application form;
- product safety information obtained by company representatives (e.g. Sales Representative communicating directly with customer/consumer);
- marketing/consumer campaigns conducted by third parties.
How we may use personal information
We will use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We will not use your personal information to conduct marketing research campaigns without first obtaining your consent
We generally use your information for the following purposes:
- to evaluate credit applications;
- to maintain a consumer relations database (being for product quality, consumer questions etc);
- to monitor consumer promotion feedback and evaluation;
- to contact you in the case of emergency, or in relation to the services you provide to us;
- to respond to any comments/questions you have made to us.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose personal information to third parties. We will not disclose your personal information when communication with customers/consumers in relation to consumer competitions and/or promotions without first obtaining your consent. The circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information may include:
- when providing/obtaining references (for credit applications);
- when communicating with consumers regarding products complaints/questions etc; in relation to requirements imposed on us by law to do so.
How we store and dispose of personal information
We store your personal information on our online database/offline database and accounting software. This information is held securely and disposed of when it becomes obsolete be deleting it off relevant databases.
Privacy Complaints: How we handle privacy complaints
QLD TRADE PRINT places high priority on effectively dealing with any complaints about privacy that you may have.
To make a complaint, please telephone us on 07 54937900 and ask to speak with the Senior Administration/ Privacy Officer.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can telephone the Commonwealth Privacy Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 992.
Privacy: Web supplement
This statement outlines some privacy issues specific to the qldtradeprint.com.au website.
Cookies are small pieces of text stored on your computer to help us determine the type of browser and settings you are using, where you have been on the website, when you return to the website, where you came from, and to ensure your information is secure. The purpose of this information is to provide you with a more relevant and effective experience on the QLD TRADE PRINT website, including presenting web pages according to your needs or preferences.
Cookies are frequently used on many websites on the internet and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by changing your preferences and options in your browser. You may not be able to access some parts of qldtradeprint.com.au if you choose to disable the cookie acceptance in your browser. We therefore recommend you enable cookie acceptance to benefit from all the services on the website.
We protect the security and integrity of your personal information.
Personal information is stored securely in:
- Electronic systems subject to strict security guidelines and protection, including firewalls and passwords;
- Paper based filing systems kept in a secure environment to which access is only permitted to defined staff members.
Your personal information will not be released unless the law requires or permits it or your express permission is given. We provide a secure environment and a reliable system, but you should be aware that there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do not wish to use the Internet, QLD TRADE PRINT provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions defined by law. If you would like to gain access to this information, please let us know by contacting us in the manner set out in the “How to contact us” section below.
For security reasons, you may be required to put your formal request to us in writing. A fee may be charged for searching and providing access to such information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and up to date. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us in the manner set out below.
To obtain access you will have to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not undermined.